Monday, September 15, 2008

Shamefaced re-entry onto the interweb

Blogger informs me that my last post was at the end of April, and that it’s now…September. Hm.
So, what’s been happening in the intervening months? Well, I’ve been helping the new education group with training and otherwise enjoying my new “job” (quotes because there’s glory and perks, but money is not one of them…although my transport does get refunded for official travel, which is pretty sweet) as Peace Corps Volunteer Leader for the ed sector. I taught English for 5 weeks at the face-to-face teacher certification extension program that I’ve worked at before, and had a super time. My hair’s grown out from Hillary Clinton-meets-Heather Locklear-meets-Village of the Damned to...slightly less so. I’ve celebrated one year in country (!), one year until it’s time to go (!), and the new group’s swearing in as real official volunteers (I cried). I painted my back yard (pix to come). And I’ve even written a couple of entries.
I’m having a good time, but I miss you, home people. Keep in touch, and I’ll try to do better too.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Blair,

Nice interweb use :) you don't see that as much on the Internets these days.

Congrats on being about 70% complete! Enjoy the holidays, all of a sudden it'll be April and you'll be scrambling to get those last minute things in.

I hope the newbies are all getting on ok and that most of you have some fun new people to visit. Tell everyone I said hello! Happy Thanksgiving.