Monday, June 4, 2007

I dream in lists

Some things I am concerned about:
  1. Packing too much
  2. Packing too much and still leaving out some crucial thing
  3. Packing too much and then losing it
  4. Losing it
  5. Bush rats
  6. Gastrointestinal illness
  7. Hollow and aching loneliness
  8. General incompetence
  9. Not being able to handle the above
On the other hand, I am far less concerned about:
  1. Parking tickets
  2. Whether it's okay to eat cheese fries
  3. Whether it's okay to use the last remaining cheese fry to try to scoop up all the remaining cheez in the container, and if this does not work, to use a fork and/or fingers
  4. Shaving
All in all, I think it's a wash. Stay tuned for the thrilling resumes of: Things I Ate on the East Coast, and: Personal-Care Items Recently Acquired (Or, How Many Kinds of Soap Can I Bring to the Developing World?)

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow, I apparently have a Blogger profile. Rock.

Anyway, the thing I'm getting you will REPLACE all other soaps, that is the MAGIC of it. And in fact it is called MAGIC SOAP. So now you know. Dr Bronner's Magic Soap, which is called so bc it can do anything you need soap to do. Hair, face, body, clothes, dishes, dogs, furniture, etc. So now you can reduce your load by like 10 lbs! I haven't bought it yet, I was going to today. Do you have a scent you'd prefer? Almond (which I'm using now, v nice), lavender, mild, peppermint (strong and minty, not for sensitive skin), eucalyptus (good for sens. skin), tea tree. Also comes in a bar, but I like the unlimited usefulness of liquid.

See you tomorrow!

Jennifer A said...

Hmm. Now I am wondering whether cheese fries could survive on their own for a month in a padded mailer. I think it might really depend on the the cheese (as so many things do).

I am looking forward to your tales. Onward definite article!