Friday, June 8, 2007

Peace Corps Fashion Show

"Dress modestly," they tell you in the welcome book. What does that even mean? Can I show my arms? Ankles? Do I need to invest in a burquini? Thankfully, returned PC volunteer and classmate Ingrid gave me more specifics:
  • Collarbone okay; cleavage, no.
  • Sleeveless okay; spaghetti straps, no.
  • Anything above mid-calf = whorish.
Please note how well the dress at left adheres to those guidelines! It is, in fact, my favorite thrift-store teacher-lady purchase. I'm a little worried about the length--will they be able to see the"Western Slut" tattoo on my upper calf?--but too pleased with its other qualities to leave it at home. Besides concealing at least 4 cumulative inches of neck-to-shoulder skin, it is also:
  • Breathable
  • Patterned (good for hiding stains!)
  • Generally shapeless (good for hiding other things, including my bike shorts)
Those of you with eagle eyes have no doubt already spotted the coordinating Sensible Sandals. Hey, I just want to be in with the in crowd.

2 comments:

Viet Pat said...

2-tees HOTT!!
lol syl fyi tcb
aptpat

Vicky said...

...to go where the in crowd goes? That does sound like a good plan, go with that.